Friday, July 19, 2013

HAPPY FRIDAY

Talk about a busy week! From meetings with rental companies to tastings with caterers, it seems like every minute of this week was full of wedding-planning fun. I guess that is what's to be expected when you're planning a wedding in 4 months. Well now, 3 months. That's right guys: we are officially at the 3 MONTHS UNTIL I GET MARRIED mark, and I am so so excited! And I still have so so much to do.... I can't decided if planning your own wedding as a graphic designer is a fantastic idea, or just asking for trouble. Probably a bit of both! One one hand you can do some serious cost cutting — no need to hire someone else to design your invitations, programs and all those fun little paper pieces. On the other, you don't want to stop there when it comes to DIY's. If you're like me, you want to do EVERYTHING. And so far, I have every intention of following my controlling-everythinghastolookjustlikeIwantitto-self. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but it's all the little detail that make a wedding special. And it's putting your own time and talents into those special details that make a wedding super special and super you! That's really what matters most. 

So as I continue down the do-it-myself path to my wedding day (October 19th! shfkjshgjhakGAH!) I wanted to share a few sneak peaks with you! Really sneaky peaks. After all, I don't want to give too much away! To start, here's one (of several) patterns that I am including in my invitation suite!




Two words: dots & florals. I'll let your mind wander from there.


This weekend should be full of more planning (it will never stop!) which I am 90% looking forward to. But I am 100% looking forward to a little trip up to Philly for a friends birthday! I hope everyone out there has something to 100% look forward to as well!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment