Thursday, April 25, 2013

SHOW STOPPER

Well, maybe not all the time. But that's sure how I felt at my first bridal show this past weekend!

Being the only stationery vendor there, I knew I had to give brides a table worth looking at. I had to catch their attention, and hold it. I had to show them that picking an invitation to set the stage for an event is just as important as choosing a photographer to capture the memories of one. I like to think I did just that. 

This whole "starting your own business" thing is moving very fast, and when Mountain Branch Golf Club asked me to be a vendor at their annual bridal show, my stress level increased a thousand percent! As did my excitement. And my nerves. And pretty much every other possible emotion. I anxiously got to work putting together my display. I made things, changed things, added things and deleted things until I was satisfied. Then I set everything up and began the cycle again... Needless to say, it took several long days and a few sleepless nights to get everything perfect (thank you indecisiveness...) but I am so so happy with the way everything turned out! I would almost venture to say that I had the best booth at the show...almos—nope. I did. You can just take my word for it :)

As far as bridal shows go, I like to think that I picked the very best to start out with. It was an intimate set up—with only about fifteen vendors and a wonderful and welcoming event staff. The turnout though, was surprisingly large. But hey, you don't see me complaining. It was perfect. I got to network with other wedding professionals, chat with bride after bride about their wedding plans, and most importantly show off what I do best. And I got to leave with new friends, a bunch of new contacts, a few new clients and a ton of compliments. Quite the successful first show if I do say so myself!

So for all those who stopped by to say hello, I am so glad that you did! I cannot thank you enough for all of your support. But for those who did not get a chance to see my set up in person, here's your chance to take a look. I really hope you like what you see! Enjoy!






























Absolutely in love with my little q-tip dandelions!
New business cards!
And what's a table by me if there isn't a llama? Answer: Not a good table.

No comments:

Post a Comment